headerimg

as the clubs fourth quarte

in Staffel 1 15.06.2019 07:57
von zhanjiao1212 • 210 Beiträge

SURREY, B. Authentic Indianapolis Colts Jerseys .C. -- B.C. Lions starting quarterback Travis Lulays recovery from off-season shoulder surgery appears to be on schedule as he takes part in the teams mini-camp. But with off-season signing Steven Jyles absent and his future in question, the Lions are lacking a bona fide backup with CFL experience. Lulay limited the number of throws while only making short passes in drills Tuesday, the second day of a three-day mini-camp for offensive players at the teams Surrey, B.C., training complex. But he was hopeful of being ready for main training camp in June. "Its getting better," said Lulay. "Its been a good couple days to come out and throw the ball around. Obviously, Im still limited, Im still progressing to getting back to where I need to be. But its been a really good measuring stick for this stage of the game." Lulay underwent surgery to repair a damaged labrum suffered in a collision while scoring a touchdown in September. He missed six regular-season games but was able to play in the Western semifinal loss to the Calgary Stampeders. "Im being cognizant of my numbers," he said. "Im just not over-throwing because the biggest thing is, with a shoulder, its such a delicate joint. Over-doing it is one of the worst things you can do. "So Im just understanding that its a progression and just taking steps up the ladder each week. This (camp) is just another part of that. The mobility, the range, is great. Its just continuing to get that end range (i.e. long-pass) and that strength back." General manager Wally Buono said medical reports indicate that Lulay will be ready for the main training camp in Kamloops, B.C., and the quarterback has gone "way beyond the call of duty" in his recovery efforts. "The camp was held at this time for a specific reason," said Buono. " (Part) of it was to make sure Travis could go out and do all the things that hes been doing. Right now, it looks very promising." Jyles, who has seven years of CFL experience but did not play last season because his services were not in demand, was conspicuous by his absence after agreeing to terms with the Lions in April. "Im fine with it," said Buono. "As I intimated before, we were going to bring five quarterbacks to this camp, and one of the things we were going to do was evaluate which quarterback we probably wouldnt invite to the main camp. So this, right now, is just helping our decision." Jyles absence left the Lions with four QBs in the mini-camp. With new offensive co-ordinator Khari Jones beginning to implement his system, this is an important time for quarterback hopefuls to start learning the revised playbook and executing plays in advance of the clubs main June training camp. However, the camp is voluntary for those invited. Jyles, who has three young children, is working in the Dallas area. "I respect the fact that he put his family first," said Buono. "Obviously, (deciding whether to pursue an unguaranteed spot with the Lions) is not an easy decision and, at this point, he felt it was just best not to leave his job." Since beginning his CFL career in 2006, Jyles has had two stints with Edmonton and also played for Saskatchewan, Winnipeg and Toronto. With Jyles absent, second-year Lion Chris Hart is the only other quarterback at the camp with CFL experience. NFL veteran John Beck, 32, and Jarrett Lee, who was drafted in 2012 by the San Diego Chargers but did not play in the NFL, are also signed and taking part in the mini-camp. Hart spent most of last season as the clubs fourth quarterback, but feels he has "improved a lot" since he took part in an offensive mini-camp a year ago. "I dont want to say anything (on the backup job)," he said. "I let the coaches do their job and pick who they need to pick. Im just battling for the job and Im going to compete. Im going to work hard like Im No. 1." "Obviously, this is a good test for him, too, because we spent a year with him," said Buono. "Hopefully, hes a lot more comfortable. Hopefully, even though the system is new, the verbiage is easier for him." Beck, a second-round selection of the Miami Dolphins in the 2007, is looking to secure regular employment with the Lions after taking a winding path to B.C. In addition to the Dolphins, he played six seasons with Baltimore, Washington and Houston. The Brigham Young University grad has started seven NFL regular-season games and thrown for 1,417 yards and three touchdowns on 140 completions. Beck spent last season out of football. But instead of pursuing a different career, he spent his time honing his skills while enjoying extra time with his wife and their three sons and hoping for a team to call. "Ive gotta be honest," he said. "Id never really anticipated that my journey would take me to Canada. My journey started in the NFL. I thought thered be some really good opportunities in it for me, and my journey started off in the situation you dont want have it start off on. Go to (Miami) the worst team in the NFL and have everybody get fired. It cant get much worse than that. "But Im very excited that my journey has taken me here. Thats the fun part about it. Im excited for the opportunity thats here." Lee spent five years at Louisiana State, a perennial powerhouse, where he completed 317-of-565 attempts for 3.949 yards and 32 touchdowns. New offensive co-ordinator Jones believes that Lulay is "on track" to being ready to start the season and is not perturbed by Jyles absence. "My job is to coach the guys that are out here," said Jones. "If he shows up, then he shows up." Notes: The Lions were forced to find a new backup after former backup Thomas DeMarco was claimed by Ottawa in the CFL expansion draft, veteran Buck Pierce retired to become an assistant coach with Winnipeg, and Joey Elliott was released after two stints with B.C. last season. a Veteran offensive guard Patrick Kabongo, entering the option year of his contract, is not attending the camp as he works outside of football in Edmonton. Discount Indianapolis Colts Jerseys . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here. Cheap Indianapolis Colts Gear .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. http://www.coltscheap.com/ . Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. MANAUS, Brazil -- With Cristiano Ronaldo on the field, a one-goal lead is never safe. The world player of the year rarely sparkled on a hot and humid night in the jungle, but his inch-perfect stoppage-time cross set up Varela for the equalizing goal Sunday in Portugals 2-2 draw against the United States at the World Cup. The Real Madrid winger, who has been playing despite a left knee injury, showed flashes of his best, but his impact was minimal until the final seconds of the match. He curled the ball in to a diving Varela, who headed past Tim Howard to give the Portuguese team a slim hope of advancing to the second round and deny the Americans instant advancement. "He made a great cross," said Howard, Ronaldos former teammate from their days at Manchester United. "Footballs cruel sometimes." The United States now has four points in Group G, the same as Germany. Both Portugal and Ghana have one point. The Americans will face Germany on Thursday in Recife, while Portugal takes on Ghana at the same time in Brasilia. "Obviously were disappointed, but at the end of the day youve got to look at the positives, we got a point," said United States captain Clint Dempsey, who scored to give the Americans a 2-1 lead in the 81st. "Its going down to the last game and hopefully we get the job done." Nani scored first for Portugal, shooting past a sprawling Howard in the fifth minute. But the Americans responded in the second half as Portugal seemed to wilt in the stifling heat. Jermaine Jones made it 1-1 with a curling shot in the 64th after a cross from Graham Zusi made its way through the Portugal defence. And Dempsey, playing with a broken nose, then put the Americans ahead, using his stomach to direct the ball into the net from a cross by Zusi. "Now we have to go out and beat Germany, thats what we have to do," U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said. "We have to play Germany, we have one less day to recover, we played in the Amazon, they played on a place with less travel. We hhave to do it the tough way. Indianapolis Colts Bobby Okereke Jersey. " Dempseys goal was his fourth at a World Cup and second at this years tournament. Jones scored his third goal for the United States national team and first in almost two years. It was all Portugal for much of the first half, with Ronaldo in the starting lineup but getting less involved as the match progressed. The Americans, however, started to get more and more chances and even had a shot from Michael Bradley cleared off the line by Ricardo Costa in the 55th. "There didnt seem to be any problem with Cristiano Ronaldo," Portugal coach Paulo Bento said. "What happened during the game has something to do with our other players." The heat in the Amazon rainforest, however, seemed to slow the Portuguese as the match wore on. In the 39th minute, referee Nestor Pitana of Argentina called for a cooling break, the first such decision to be taken at this World Cup. At the start of the match, FIFA listed the temperature at 30 degrees C (86 degrees F) with 66 per cent humidity. FIFA uses the "Wet Bulb Globe Temperature" to determine when official cooling breaks should be added, and says the WGBT must be above 32 degrees C (90 degrees F) for them to be considered. The breaks are supposed to occur in the 30th and 75th minutes. There was no break in the second half, but that didnt stop Ronaldo from creating the final goal. "It was a thriller," Klinsmann said. "Everybody who had a chance to be today in Manaus will talk about this game for a long time." ------ Lineups United States: Tim Howard; Fabian Johnson, Geoff Cameron, Matt Besler, DaMarcus Beasley; Kyle Beckerman, Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya (DeAndre Yedlin, 72), Michael Bradley, Graham Zusi (Omar Gonzalez, 90); Clint Dempsey (Chris Wondolowski, 87). Portugal: Beto; Andre Almeida (William Carvalho, 46), Ricardo Costa, Bruno Alves, Joao Pereira; Miguel Veloso, Joao Moutinho, Raul Meireles (Varela, 69th), Nani, Cristiano Ronaldo; Helder Postiga (Eder, 16th). Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: zhanjiao1212
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1509 Themen und 38080 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de